Alright, in the first flush of excitement that came with my new camera, I took pictures in and around the house and uploaded it on Picasa. Later that day on one of my daily conversations, I handheld mom to Picasa and showed her the Pictures. For about five minutes there was no response. The first thing that she said after repeated probes for a comment, was in a voice dripping with disapproval,"You guys, don't clean the room ever, do you?"I was speechless for about a microsecond and blithely changed the topic. I've always been bit of a pig and well, nothing has changed in the last 27 years.When I was pretending to work this morning, I had a brainwave, if I were not so alacrious(oh yeah baby, the word exists! Hallelujah) with conversational u-turns, how would I justify the fact that my bed was such a mess? I came up with ten reasonably good excuses.
1. Why do I have to make up my bed when I am going to disturb it in about 14 hours anyway?
2. If a cluttered desk is indicative of a cluttered mind, imagine what state of mind would a cluttered room indicate! Now can you even begin to comprehend the sheer genius a mind, that operates the way I do, should possess to look and act normal!
3. Sometimes I get carried away when I'm listening to music!
4. Huh????? I know how this happened! It must've been Nixon's men again!
5. I've got an image to maintain. What would people who knew me growing up think if I suddenly turned a new leaf? I couldn't disappoint them!
6. Why should I spend half an hour cleaning the room when I could be doing something more fun!
7. Mom, right now I'm in a state of catatonic Existential Angst. You should be supporting me. Not nag me to death! sheeesh
8. It's not as if I have a full social calendar and people are trooping in to the room every second. Even I dont go to my bedroom most days. Why bother?
9. Mom, it's not cluttered, I keep my room in a state of practiced disregard. It's performance art
10. Mom, I see dead people!
4 comments:
Oh, comeon, face it, Hari "b" you're lazy :-)
-- Srini & Harini
@ Athai: Of course, but this is more fun, illa?
You sleep on the floor????
@Vatsa Yes sir!
Post a Comment