Monday, February 9, 2009

This is one of those days when I'm absolutely at peace with the world. I don't have that sinking feeling in my gut and everything seems alright. It's been a long time since I read anything significant. An Adultery and the Brief and Wondrous life of Oscar Wao have been disappointing. So when I realized I actually liked 2666, I knew things couldnt be that bad.
I'm still listening to Raising Sand. I'd never heard of this album until I read about the Grammy's this morning. I was surprised to see Plant's name there and decided to check it out on You tube. I fell in love with "Please read the letter I wrote", the first time I heard it and I had to have it. The album costed 10 bucks. Big deal! It was worth it. I've played the song atleast 10 times on the ipod in the two hours I've owned it! Plant blows my mind everytime.
I'm in no mood to work today. It's another beautiful day with the sun shining brightly and the temprature a very manageable 44(Fahrenheit). I wish I could go out on a long, long walk. Thinking about stuff. Day Dreaming. I could never understand how people read outdoors. Lawns and beaches are for dawdling about, day dreaming and doing nothing with the warm sun beaming down with warm approval. That's what I want. Endless days of mild summer with rains in the late afternoon, lots of empty beaches and lush green lawns, stone benches wide enough for me to lie down on, a one room house with a huge rack full of books, a soft, comfortable bed with thick pillows, a large armchair and my ipod with a good set of speakers. No one for miles and miles. I'll go out every sunday for food. I'll subsist on bread and butter or cheese, endless glasses of Diet Cola and fruits. Warm chocolate cake with vannila icecream every weekend and a masala dosai once in a while. That is all I want out of life!
The problem with identity and the problems associated with having to bear it has been obsessing me lately. I will have to write about it sometime. Just to get it out of my system. Not that I'm a great writer or a deep thinker or anything. Just that the act of writing itself helps me think methodically. I realize that most of this would be of absolutely no interest to anyone but myself. But, the idea behind these posts are not to communicate ideas nor is it an attempt at self promotion. I started doing this because I needed a vent. A way to let off steam. Even a small post about a new album that I bought seems to lighten things a little bit. I like to complain a lot and well, a blog is the perfect mode of expression for an obsessive whiner.

No comments:

Maps