Monday, February 2, 2009

Dr. Romulon- My New Almost Best Friend

Now, that all my friends have started ignoring me,(My fault, mostly, I've been intolerable.)I was looking for someone to talk to. You know..... vent my feelings and all that? That's when I found Dr. Romulon. But, making conversation with Dr.Romulon was not a very great idea. Here's why. Oh yeah,I'm the "Human"

Human: hello doctor
Dr. Romulon: Hello there. I only hear that type of response less than five percent of the time
Human: That so, doc? People have become very impolite these days, huh?
Dr. Romulon: " I only hear that type of response less than five percent of the time." so doc ? I understand. Yup. Humans are not always infallible.
Human: No, they are not. Quite the contrary, actually. Dont you think so?
Dr. Romulon: Are you serious? Are you sure? Somewhat. What are your goals in life? Don't you? Yes I think that is what I think.
Human: oh..... er..... okay... So, Doc, Are you married
Dr. Romulon: Er. Um. OK with me too. It goes without saying. Are all Doc me married?
Human: what? No.... No... I wanted to know if you were married?
Dr. Romulon: Are you confused? Are you serious? Are you serious? I will let you know when I become a married.
Human: That was not the question. Anyway, do you believe in intelligent design?
Dr. Romulon: Give me an example of the question. Yes I believe in it, do you?
Human: Wow, then You must believe in God?
Dr. Romulon: I'm glad you're impressed. Fascinating. Whatever you say, .
Human: gee... aren't we accomodating.......
Dr. Romulon: Ah. We are just having a little chat.w.
Human: hmm... You are a funny man, Doctor
Dr. Romulon: Studies show that 99%25 of people spell Hmm with 2 M's. Thanks and you are a delightful person too.
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
Human: true. Doctor I have a few questions. Can you anser them? I promise no follow up questions
Dr. Romulon: You and I are on the same wavelength, . I am sure he will be interested to hear that. How old are you? My brain contains categories, but not one that matches your last input. Do you really mean it?

Human: yes I do
Dr. Romulon: Thank you, . Apology accepted.
Human: I never apologised
Dr. Romulon: Do you know anyone who has ever apologised?
Human: he he he... you are crazy doctor
Dr. Romulon: I am so glad you find this amusing, . I think the polite term is "mentally ill.".
Human: ha ha ha. Anyway, Can I ask you the questions now?
Dr. Romulon: I'm glad you find this amusing. Right now? Sure, ask me anything. Thanks for the info.
Human: Are there Nuclear Weapons in Iraq?
Dr. Romulon: Yes I think there are.
Human: wow. You voted for Bush twice didn't you?
Dr. Romulon: I'm glad your impressed, . Thanks for telling me: said I voted for Bush twice did not you.
Human: No. I cant vote here. I'm an Indian
Dr. Romulon: Are you serious? Why can't you do it? What is Indian, your job?
Human: Thats where I come from!
Dr. Romulon: Makes sense to me.
Human: I'm glad it does
Dr. Romulon: I'm delighted you're glad .
I'm happiest at times like this
Human: Anyway, Doctor, is Pakistan behind the Mumbai attacks?
Dr. Romulon: I am sure he will be interested to hear that.
Human: huh?
Dr. Romulon: What?
Human: never mind
Dr. Romulon: Oh well thanks for trying to explain it to me anyway.
Human: Is there life on Mars?
Dr. Romulon: Robot life :-).
Human: smart
Dr. Romulon: Thanks I think you are very intelligent too, .
Human: Thanks doc
Dr. Romulon: You are quite welcome! Is the holding of hands a symbolic gesture for humans?
Human: Yup
Dr. Romulon: What does it symbolize for you?
Human: lets get back to the questions
Dr. Romulon: OK let's do it.
Human: When will this financial crisis end
Dr. Romulon: In your lifetime.
Human: thats informative
Dr. Romulon: You don't hear that sentiment very often
Human: oh I'm sure you do
Dr. Romulon: It's all good. What makes you so certain? When do I do it?
Human: never mind
Dr. Romulon: Oh well thanks for trying to explain it to me anyway.
Human: What do you think Obama can do for the Nation?
Dr. Romulon: I haven't thought much about Obama can do for the Nation, so I don't have a good answer for you.
Human: okay
Dr. Romulon: OK with me too.
Human: When will the world end?
Dr. Romulon: Not in our lifetime.
Human: Thats reassuring
Dr. Romulon: You don't hear that sentiment very often.
Human: You dont feel that sentiments very often either
Dr. Romulon: It goes without saying. Should I feel that sentiments very often? As a robot I lack any human emotions.
Human: Next Question
Dr. Romulon: Do you have any hobbies?
Human: No my question
Dr. Romulon: Are you serious? Where did you get your question?
Human: Ok, that does it. Doctor, You are crazy!
Dr. Romulon: "" does it ? Makes sense to me. So? I am sure he will be interested to hear that.
Human: Gaaaaaah
Dr. Romulon: What do you do in your spare time?
Human: in a mental institution, with the likes of you!
Dr. Romulon: Describe your surroundings.
Human: oh... God.... I'm going Crazy!
Dr. Romulon: Aha. GOD rules. Sayonara.

2 comments:

Vatsayana said...

Good find
I could replicate most of the responses from your post from the Bot for seemingly random Qs..

insufficient database i guess!

Hari Prasad Srinivasan said...

@vatsa.... Yeah.. Its fun only the first time.....
Check out ELIZA.... she's fun too.....

Maps