Just back from Krakow. I started from Novotel Bronowice at 5pm, Polish time and reached my place in slough at 2:15 am, Polish time. A 9 hour trip, which included a 2.5 hour flight, what seemed like eternity in the various immigration counters, hours of passport checks, a 45 minute wait in the Heathrow airport for a taxi at midnight in the freezing weather and a rambling coachride from Gatwick to heathrow. Getting to Slough from Gatwick, especially when you don't own a car is painful in the extreme. Oh, and there was this really irritating lady who took almost an hour to my 900 Zlotys to Sterlings. But, all said and done, the real pain in the backside was the amount of time I has to spend in the Passport checking counters. I mean what the hell do these people do for the hour and a half that we are made to wait for looking/ feeling like common criminals? Just because we dont have European passports? What bullcrap is that. I mean what do they have on their passport that I dont have? and I still dont understand what these people look for in the Visa when they stare at it for three quarters of an hour. For heaven's sake, first of all, the bloody embassy has granted me a visa after finding me qualified to enter their stupid country one week before. What could have changed in the last 7 days. Things in countries like Poland are even worse. An hour and a half wait in front of the bloody counter when those having European, British or an American visa sauntering in as if they owned the bloody country? Ridiculous. Why dont they spread their legs while they are at it. What's worse is I had to wait the same amount of time while getting out of their stupid country...... How silly is that...... Here I was in front of the counter, trying to find out what was going one when the Immigration guy looks at me as if I were a bug and disgustedly asks me not to peek in to his monitor... Yeah, dude its information about me you are looking at... if you can see it... I have rights too.. I mean I am entitled to look at what you are entering in to the system about me..... Meanwhile a hundred copassengers with European passports have filed past......
Well... What the hell????? Sod it all... I am glad to be back amongst civilization again.
No comments:
Post a Comment